Quickbooks error 12031 is an update error of Quickbooks arising while refreshing payroll services in Quickbooks. Error 12031 will not let you use Quickbooks and hamper your work. Error 12031 is an error of 12000 series in Quickbooks.
What results in the occurrence of Error 12031 in Quickbooks?
- Firewall blocks the Quickbooks.
- Weak internet connection.
- Antivirus might affect Quickbooks.
- Improper SSL settings.
To resolve Quickbooks error 12031, proceed with the methods mentioned below:
Method 1: Update Quickbooks.
- Move to the help menu in Quickbooks.
- Go to the update Quickbooks option.
- Check for the updates available.
- Download the updates.
Method 2: Using Quickbooks diagnostic tool.
- Install Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Select the Test connectivity option.
- Choose the file having the issues.
- Run Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
Method 3: Checking third party apps.
Third party security software might block Quickbooks communication which might cause Quickbooks error 12031.
Thus, it is recommended that either disable these third party security software or uninstall them.
Method 4: Rectifying TLS settings.
Open Internet Explorer.
From the advanced tab in Internet options, move to change the TLS and SSL settings.
Checkmark the TLS 1.2 box and uncheck the TLS1.0 and TLS 1.0 boxes.
I believe Quickbooks error 12031 is now resolved and you are able to use Quickbooks smoothly. But if you are not able to fix Error 12031 in Quickbooks, connect to the technical support team of QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will readily assist you in resolving error 120321.