(Last updated June 29, 2023)
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY
1. Overview Weoneit ("we," "us," or "Our") respects the privacy rights of its users and understands the importance of protecting and handling information collected about you under both the law and best practice. This Privacy Notice is written to comply with the Liberian Laws and Article 13 and Article 14 of EU General Data Protection Regulation, i.e., Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR").
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information which we process relating to people who have:
• Register for an account with us;
• agreed to receive marketing information from us;
• participate in surveys;
• contact us for inquires and support
2. Acceptance And Use
3. Summary of Personal Information and Use
4. Purposes of Data Collection
5. Data Protection Principles
6. Types Of Data We Collect From You
7. How We Use Your Data
8. With Whom We Share Your Data
9. Data Subjects
10. Your Data Privacy Rights and Choices
11. Data Security
12. Terms and Conditions
15. Contact Us
4. Purposes of Data Collection The following are examples of how we use your Personal Information: o Provision of Services o Offering and Improving the website o Surveys o Communication o User Engagement o Legal Compliance.
5. Data Protection Principles We collect, process, and use personal data (under the definitions of the Liberian laws and Article 13 and Article 14 of EU General Data Protection Regulation, i.e., Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"), to provide our services. Personal data means any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as name, email, address, health information, any form of identification number, or one or more factors specific to you or your beneficiary's identity. We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws and will ensure that personal data is: • Used lawfully, fairly, and transparently; • Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes; • Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes; • Accurate and kept up to date; • Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
6. Types Of Data We Collect From You We may collect and process the following personal information about you: • Personal Profile Information. If you register an account with us, we will collect the following from you; o name; o email address; o date of birth; o gender; • Correspondence Data. Any correspondence you send us. • Usage Data. We also collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. These may include which web pages you visit, what you click on when you performed those actions, and so on. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time, and clickstream data. We may also collect your geographic location based on your IP address. Suppose you arrive at a Weoneit service from an external source (such as a link on another website contained in an email). In that case, we may use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
7. How We Use Your Data We will only use your data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your data in the following circumstances, but for more information about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your data • Provide our services to you • conduct further analysis on research data we have already collected; • in aggregated form to help us explain our research capabilities to our clients. • Request you to update your profile, • Invite you to participate in surveys about our products or services • Monitor, detect and prevent fraud, improper activity and ensure Weoneit's policy compliance • Conduct research including secondary and follow-on research • Evaluate how you and other users interact with our online services • Protect Weoneit and our users • Conduct audits related to our current interactions with you • Debug the site and service to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality • To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
8. With Whom We Share Your Data Weoneit only shares your personal information with third parties under the circumstances described below. We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. • Authorized vendors: We may share your data with third-party vendors that help us operate our website, process payments, deliver our services, and comply with your instructions and contractual obligations. These include payment processors, content delivery networks (CDNs), cloud-based hosting services, monitoring services, email service providers, quality assurance and testing vendors, fraud and abuse prevention vendors, customer relations management (CRM), vendors • Advertising and Analytics Partner: We may share usage data with third-party advertisers and analytics providers through cookies and other similar technologies. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. • Certain legal obligations: Weoneit may be required to disclose personal information if directed by a court of law or other governmental entities. We will attempt to give you prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
9. Data Subjects For individuals who are located in the European Economic Area, the United State, the United Kingdom or Switzerland (collectively "EEA Residents"), data collected from you may be transferred or processed in Liberia (Collectively "Data Subjects"). When your data is collected, we rely on legal bases for processing your information. We generally only process your data where we are required to, where the processing is necessary to provide our services to you (or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you).
11. Data Security We are committed to maintaining your data's security, having measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the data under our control. We employ modern and secure techniques to protect our systems from intrusion by unauthorized individuals, and we regularly upgrade our security as better methods become available. Our data centres and our partners utilize new physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access to the facility. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, although we use industry-standard practices to protect your privacy, we cannot (and do not) guarantee the absolute security of personal data.